It's not advisable to wear a mask in PE class
As the situation of epidemic prevention and control continues to improve, schools across the country have been reopened. Some parents in order to better protect their children, let their children wear N95 masks to school, some children even wear N95 masks for physical exercise.
Experts remind that young children's cardiopulmonary function is not fully developed, long-term wearing N95 mask will damage their cardiopulmonary function, so you can not wear N95 mask when playing sports, so as to avoid the risk of suffocation.
Tang Yongjun, a professor of respiratory medicine at Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, told reporters that the primary principle for children to choose masks is ventilation comfort. Although N95 masks are highly protective, they are not conducive to ventilation, so they cannot wear N95 masks for running, playing and other sports. Some children also wear masks in PE class, which is not advisable. It is not recommended that children wear masks for intense sports training to avoid dizziness, chest tightness and other symptoms.
Wang yuedan, Professor of immunology at Peking University School of basic medicine, reminds that even adults can't wear N95 masks for more than 4 hours at a time. If you use N95 masks for a long time, it will cause lung damage and possibly lead to problems such as emphysema. At the same time, everyone's breathing volume, speech frequency and exercise volume are different. In general, one-off masks can be used once a day,
Zong Zhiyong and Wang Yantong, experts from the infection management department of West China Hospital of Sichuan University, suggest that children under 7 years old should not wear N95 masks, even if they have made N95 masks designed with special air valves, because the respiratory resistance will be too large, and children will have the risk of suffocation.
He Hao, director of the infection management department of the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou University of traditional Chinese medicine, said: N95 mask can filter 95% of the tiny particles, which will inevitably affect its permeability. Dai * will feel drowsy, dizzy and chest tightness due to hypoxia and carbon dioxide retention acidosis. It is not recommended that children wear masks for strenuous exercise, which may cause hypoxia. If children need to have physical education, it is recommended to carry out in a ventilated outdoor environment. When they are doing physical activities, they may not wear masks, and try to choose sports that can keep a certain distance, such as exercise, to avoid close contact.
In addition, during the epidemic, wearing masks for a long time caused skin discomfort for many people. In particular, some people with special nature of work, such as medical workers, even have "visible" skin damage due to wearing masks from morning to night. Under the mask, what skin hazards exist? How to protect "face" and deal with skin damage? Wu Chao, a dermatologist in Peking Union Medical College Hospital, said:
What are the skin problems caused by masks?
1. Skin damage caused by stress. As a result of wearing tight masks for a long time, such as N95 masks and some ear masks, the skin contacting the edge of masks such as nose, cheek, mandible, and back of ear appears erythema and strangulation, which may be accompanied by pain. In serious cases, the skin will break and erode.
2. A rash caused by dampness. When continuously wearing the mask with strong airtightness, the inner part of the mask perspires a lot, and the long-term humid environment will cause the skin to whiten, soak and wrinkle.
3. Contact dermatitis. Some people are allergic to the material of the mask due to wearing the inferior mask. There are erythema, red papule and pruritus on the parts contacting the mask and the nearby skin. In serious cases, there may be edema, blister and exudation.
4. Acne. Due to the humid and high temperature inside the mask, which affects the secretion of sebaceous glands and the increase of skin oil output, acne (i.e. "acne") may appear or worsen.
Among the skin problems caused by the above four masks, the first two skin problems may occur in people with any skin type, contact dermatitis is more likely to occur in people with allergic constitution, and acne is more likely to occur in people with oily skin.
How to deal with skin injury pertinently?
1. In order to prevent skin damage caused by pressure, ear mask should be avoided as much as possible, and medical surgical mask with head strap should be used instead, and bandage should be loosened every 1-2 hours. If you need to wear N95 mask for a long time due to occupational factors, you can apply medical water gel dressing to the parts with obvious pressure in advance to prevent pressure injury. For the damaged skin, the severity should be judged first. If the indentation is light, apply emollient, and the indentation will subside automatically after a period of time; if there is erythema or swelling in the local area, apply cold and wet compress with normal saline; if there is heavy ecchymosis, apply ointment to improve the local blood circulation, such as polysulfonic acid mucopolysaccharide cream; if there is severe compression, break or erosion, apply antibiotic ointment to prevent local feeling After being absorbed, the antibiotic ointment can be sprayed with recombinant bovine basic fibroblast growth factor to promote wound healing.
2. To prevent skin rash caused by dampness, apply emollient to face in advance. Remove the mask and dry the sweat every 2 to 3 hours, and apply emollient to promote skin recovery.
3. For contact dermatitis, if there is erythema, erythema, pruritus, you can apply calamine, zinc oxide paste and other drugs to stop itching; if the situation is serious, there is swelling, exudation or even blisters, you need to take oral anti allergy drugs together, and get medical treatment in time.
4. After appearing acne, first of all to distinguish is inflammatory acne or closed acne. Inflammatory acne usually has bright red color, pressing pain, yellow and white secretion or purulent head; while closed acne usually has skin color, pressing pain, small grain size, apex shape, and black or white head in the center. Fuxidi acid cream, mupirocin ointment, hydrochloric acid ring for inflammatory acne